- Simple assessment of gravestones and basic documentation.
- Cleaning materials and techniques.
- Resetting stones, both tablet stones and gravestones with bases.
- Mortaring into a base, either existing or a new cast base.
- Simple adhesive repair of a broken stone will be discussed, demonstrated and practiced.
There will be both detailed demonstrations and working in teams to perform conservation procedures. Please bring a packed lunch – we’ll have a question/answer session during the lunch break.
Please wear clothing well suited for outdoor work like gardening, including boots or work shoes and leather work gloves. If possible, please bring a shovel and/or trowel.
The cost of the workshop is $20, payable the day of the event. This fee will cover the cost of sand, gravel, and other supplies needed for the workshop.
To register, please contact Beth Santore, Ohio Chapter of the AGS chair and Perry County Historical Society member, by October 3:
The Evangelical Lutheran Cemetery is located on Gay Street in Somerset, Ohio. We’ll meet at the nearby Courthouse (100 Public Square) at 10:00 AM to walk over to the cemetery